Today it suddenly hit me when I was posting on some famous photography forum an image based on the "Theme" .... following points quickly came into my mind.
- Are these themes are really helping us in study photography .... and I mean the photography?
- Or are we just trying to copy paste the example that was shared with the theme for illustration?
- Even if it helps people for learning photography (assuming in an ideal world) ...... so it means we are like going to the school study the same set of books which our ancestors went through and ultimately we all ended up like them ..... isn't it !! ..... So where is my identity as a unique photographer? Honestly, posting images for themes like you are trying to get A+ in all subject and you know that its difficult (though not impossible) because photography is all about how our mind is wired to see things.
- Let say if it is not helping me to learn something unique ..... then it just another marketing gimmick to sell your PAGE MANJAN where people gather ..... do confrontation (my fav. thing) ..... do push and pull legs (you know what I mean by that) ...... share our images and get the oxygen of "LIKES" ..... so where learning in this?
- Let's assume in ideal condition these themes really helping many people. But what happens after themes end? we go home and sleep .... goodbye learning. How many people who said they like the themes to work with are literally applying those themes for "THEIR" Photography? You know the answer of that. ..... isn't it
- I have YET to see any theme which teaches about how to study light. it is more about forcing people to follow the rules which always meant to be broken. Other 1 or 2 guys ... I have not seen a single person among thousands who really knows about light and how to play with it. And those people work is worth watching. And they usually don't do photography for themes. They do it for themselves. So the biggest question is ...... A true photographer should be a born photographer who completely free from the filth of gears and stuff and just focuses on the pure soul of photography which is light. And no theme can teach you light that's for sure ... You are born with the codec in your mind to decode the light or you just can't no matter how expensive gear you have.
- By posting themes, we are making machines of photographers with pre-defined codes in their head. They are afraid of taking chances and following the market trend Their coded mind is so closed loop that they can fight back to death to defend those codes and among them the highest RATED code is ..... JUST DO WHATS GOING ON IN THE MARKET IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
All I can in the end ...... it doesn't matter if these photography forum/pages are or us as an individual ..... WE ALL ARE RESPONSIBLE MAKING DUMB@$$ MACHINES OF PHOTOGRAPHERS ROBOTS IN OUR COUNTRY WHO DOESN'T KNOW AND DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT PHOTOGRAPHY SOUL IS ALL ABOUT, BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TIME FROM ........ you know the rest.